ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This is a high performance and improvement program suitable for students looking to improve their playing, gain tournament exprerience, enter the PGA Trainee Program or gain employment in the golf industry. The program is operated by the PGA International Golf Institute (RTO No. 31270) and is based at the PGA Centre for Learning and Performance at the Sandhurst Club in Victoria.
The qualification SIS30613 Certificate III in Sport Career Oriented Participation will develop the skills and knowledge to plan, organise and manage a range of programs and services in a golf and sporting context. It offers pathways towards a career working within the golf and sports industry, the PGA Trainee Program to become a qualified PGA Professional or a professional playing pathway as a Tour Professional.
This in an ideal golf education program for elite level golfers off a single figure handicap looking to improve their level of golf performance, whilst gaining a qualification to gain employment within the industry
GOLF PROGRAM FEATURES
The program offers students a number of benefits throughout their one year within the program. These benefits are aimed at assisting improvement in a student’s golfing ability, along with outcomes to assist them towards a career in golf.
Main features of the program include:
- Elite coaching from PGA Centre for Learning and Performance Coaches
- Training in an elite environment with likeminded people, at the PGA Centre of Learning and Performance
- Access to the latest golf technology to improve your golf game
- Tournament play in PGA sanctioned matches, including 14 x 54 hole tournaments, 2 x 72 hole tournaments and a variety of 18 hole and 36 hole matches. (Combination of PGA Trainee matches and PGA Golf Performance Program squad matches)
- Highly structured performance training program that improves the technical, physical, mental and tactical areas of your golf game
- Golf Club Membership at the Sandhurst Club – 36 hole facility
- Unlimited range balls for 12 months
- Access to practice facilities at Sandhurst Club
- Nationally recognised qualification delivered by the PGA International Golf Institute
After successful completion of the PGA Performance Program, students may obtain employment in the golf industry as one of the following:
Graduates of the Golf Performance Program use the skills, knowledge and training they receive in their studies to follow their passion towards careers in the sport of golf.
- Pro Shop Assistant or Manager
- Program Manager
- Tournament Official
Students may use this qualification as an Advanced Entry Pathway to the PGA
Trainee Program (Year 2 Entry), or other PGAIGI programs such as the Diploma of Golf Management.
YOUR STUDY PROGRAM
SIS30613 Certificate III in Sport Career Oriented Participation
Delivered by PGA International Golf Institute as the Vocational Education and Training (VET) component of the Golf Performance Program.
Qualification: SIS30613 Certificate III in Sport Career Oriented Participation
Course Duration: One Year (36 weeks)
Course Delivery: Face to Face
Campus Location: Melbourne
All students studying the Golf Performance Program incorporating Certificate III Sport Career Oriented Participation must meet the following entry requirements:
- Must be 18 years old, or turning 18 during the year of the study
- Successfully complete an application form
- Successfully complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Test
- In addition, for entry in to the Golf Performance Program students must have a GA Golf Handicap of 9 or less (male and female)
*Students under the age of 18 must have gained parental/guardian consent to undertake the course
This program is currently only available to domestic students
Applications for the Golf Performance Program are open year-round.
Intake Commencement Date: February 25th 2019
The total program fee is $15,000 AUD for the PGA IGI Golf Performance Program.
Students may opt to pay the program in full, pay twice yearly, quarterly or utilise a Study Loan. A Study Loan is available for the full amount of the program. Payments plans start from as little as $200 per month. Further information is available upon request.
AREAS OF STUDY
Students will undertake a mix of academics and performance golf training throughout the one year program.
The following components of study run concurrently across the duration of the one year program:
Units of Competency: Delivered by the PGA International Golf Institute over a duration of 1 year:
- BSBWOR301B Organise personal work priorities and development
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- SISSCOP202A Develop a personal management plan
- SISSCOP204A Develop personal media skills
- SISSCOP205A Develop a personal financial plan
- SISSCOP306A Prepare a sponsorship proposal
- SISSCOP308A Model the responsibilities of an elite athlete
- SISSCOP309A Design an athlete’s diet
- SISXWHS101 Follow work health and safety policies
- SISXRSK301A Undertake risk analysis of activities
- SISSGLF314 Perform the advanced skills of golf
- SISSGLF315 Apply the advanced tactics and strategies of golf
- SISSGLF316 Interpret and apply the rules of golf
- SISSGLF307 Participate in conditioning for golf
- BSBCMM401A Make a presentation
***Successful completion of all 15 units above will allow students to graduate with the qualification SIS30613 Certificate III in Sport Career Oriented Participation***
Please read below
The following additional units must be completed for students wishing to progress to Year 2 of the PGA Trainee Program.
- SISSSCO306 Provide Drugs in Sport Information
- SISSSC0307 Provide Nutrition Information to Athletes