ABOUT GOLF PERFORMANCE PROGRAM
The Golf Performance Program is a high performance and improvement program suitable for students looking to improve their playing, enter the PGA Trainee Program or an undergraduate degree/course. This program is a joint initiative between the PGA International Golf Institute (RTO No. 31270) and SEDA Group (RTO No. 22503), based at the PGA Centre for Learning and Performance at the Sandhurst Club in Victoria.
The qualification SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development will develop the skills and knowledge to plan, organise and manage a range of programs and services in a golf and sporting context. It offers pathways towards a career working within the golf and sports industry, the PGA Trainee Program to become a qualified PGA Professional or a professional playing pathway as a Tour Professional.
This in an ideal golf education program for elite level golfers off a single figure handicap looking to improve their level of golf performance, whilst gaining a qualification to gain employment within the industry
GOLF PROGRAM FEATURES
The Golf Performance Program offers students a number of benefits throughout their one year within the program. These benefits are aimed at assisting improvement in a student’s golfing ability, along with outcomes to assist them towards a career in golf.
Main features of the program include:
- Elite coaching from PGA Centre for Learning and Performance Coaches
- Training in an elite environment with likeminded people, at the PGA Centre of Learning and Performance
- Access to the latest golf technology to improve your golf game
- Tournament play in over 25 PGA sanctioned matches (Combination of PGA Trainee matches and PGA Golf Performance Program squad matches)
- Highly structured performance training program that improves the technical, physical, mental and tactical areas of your golf game
- Golf Club Membership at the Sandhurst Club – 36 hole facility
- Unlimited range balls for 12 months
- Access to practice facilities at Sandhurst Club
- Nationally recognised qualification (SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development) delivered by the SEDA Group (RTO No. 22503)
After successful completion of the SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development, students may obtain employment in the golf industry as one of the following:
Graduates of the Golf Performance Program use the skills, knowledge and training they receive in their studies to follow their passion towards careers in the sport of golf.
- Pro Shop Assistant or Manager
- Program Manager
- Tournament Official
Students may use this qualification as an Advanced Entry Pathway to the PGA
Trainee Program (Year 2 Entry) or an undergraduate degree/course such as exercise science or sports management. SEDA Group has partnerships with a number of tertiary partners, who offer Diploma graduates entry into nominated undergraduate courses subject to meeting eligibility requirements. Refer to the SEDA Group website for more details.
YOUR STUDY PROGRAM
SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development is a competency based qualification
Delivered by SEDA Group (RTO No. 22503) as the Vocational Education and Training (VET) component of the Golf Performance Program.
Qualification: SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development
Course Duration: One Year (40 weeks)
Course Delivery: Face to Face
Campus Location: Melbourne
SEDA Group is responsible for compliance of training and assessment for this qualification, along with being responsible for the issuance of AQF certification documentation. PGA International Golf Institute provides training and assessment services on behalf of SEDA Group for this qualification.
All students studying the SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development as part of the Golf Performance Program must meet the following entry requirements:
- Successfully completed Year 12; Individuals who are unable to meet this requirement due to their individual circumstances will be considered on a case by case basis
- Successfully complete a SEDA Pre-Training Review
- Successfully complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Test issued by SEDA Group
- In addition, for entry in to the Golf Performance Program students must have a GA Golf Handicap of 9 or less (male and female)
*Students under the age of 18 must have gained parental/guardian consent to undertake the course
This program is available to domestic students only
Applications for the Golf Performance Program are open year-round.
Intake Commencement Date: 16th July 2018 and 29th Janaury 2019
The total program fee is $24,000 AUD for Part A (PGA IGI Golf Performance Program) and Part B (SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development). Both components of the program must be studied together.
The SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development (Part B) is available under the VET Student Loans Program for $10,000 AUD. Students eligible may apply for a VET Student Loan. Students wishing to not use the VET Student Loans system may pay the total program fee of $24,000 either upon commencement or via instalments.
Students using a VET Student Loan may pay the remaining $14,000 AUD either upon commencement or in instalments spread over the duration of the program.
AREAS OF STUDY
Students will undertake a mix of academics and performance golf training throughout the one year program.
The following components of study run concurrently across the duration of the one year program:
Part A-Practical Training and Performance: Delivered by the PGA International Golf Institute over a duration of 1 year. This component of the Golf Performance Program focuses on:
- Improving technical skill level
- Improving physically to able to meet the demands of playing high performance golf
- Improving the tactical and mental skills of the golfer
- Improving the preparation and golf performance training of the students
- Preparing students to play tournament level golf
Part B-Academics: Delivered on behalf of SEDA Group (RTO No. 22503), this component provides the skills and knowledge for an individual intending to pursue a career in the golf and sports industry. Whilst undertaking study of the qualification SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development, key academic programs areas include (but are not limited to):
- Manage Projects
- Computer Applications
- Sport Development
- Coaching and Instruction
- Laws, Risks & OHS
- Strength & Conditioning
- Club Fitting
VET STUDENT LOANS
The qualification SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development is approved for VET
Student Loans funding with SEDA Group (RTO No 22503). This is valid for up to
$10,000 AUD. Visit the VET Student Loans website for more details on this government loan funding and eligibility information.
The remaining balance for the program tuition fees are paid direct to the
institution. These tuition fees are paid either upfront, or in instalments across the period of study