SIS30419 – Certificate III in Sport (Athlete) – (CRICOS code 0101200) is a one-year program delivered on the Gold Coast Australia at state-of-the-art facilities, a Championship golf course and practice facilities. The PGA International Golf Institute (PGA IGI) is a leader in golf education in Australia, delivering golf education programs to students from Australia and around the world since 2005. In this program, we focus on the development stages of your golf game as a young athlete. It aims at preparing you for the years ahead and future career opportunities.
Across your one year of study, incorporated into traditional and practical training are academic classes which are tailored to meet the demands of the modern golfer.
The program has pathways to the Diploma of Sport and the Diploma of Golf Management making it two-year program.
Your Study Program
SIS30419 Certificate III of Sport (Athlete) requires the completion of 10 units of study. This comprises of 6 Core and 4 Elective units. Successful completion of this program requires you to demonstrate that you are competent in all units. Qualifications and Statement of Attainments will be issued in line with the current Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
- BSBWOR301 Organise personnel work priorities and development
- FNSFLT301 Be MoneySmart
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISSPAR005 Develop athlete personal brand
- SISSPAR007 Work as an athlete
- SISSPAR008 Maintain personal wellbeing as an athlete
- SISSGLF003 Participate in golf at an advanced level
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- SISSPAR009 Participate in conditioning for sport
- SISSPAR006 Prepare and present athlete sponsorship proposals
*HLTAID003 Provide First Aid is delivered and assessed by Australian Red Cross First Aid and Mental Health RTO3605
- Course duration – One year (52 weeks, includes up to 12 weeks of holiday)
- Course Delivery – Face to Face
- Campus location – Gold Coast
- All education and learning materials
- Support from IGI Programs Manager
- Golf Course Access at premier golf course
- IGI Competitions and Tournament Access
- Practice Facility and Driving Range access
- Gym conditioning programs focusing on fitness for golfers
- Goal setting and personalised training plans
- Be aged 18 years of age or older
- Successful completion of Australian Year 11 (equivalent) or higher education qualification
- Golf Handicap
- 12 or less for males or 15 or less for females (Cert III – one year program)
- 15 or less (Cert III & Diploma – two-year program)
- International students – Minimum IELTS Overall Band Score 5.5 or equivalent English Language Proficiency Level
Intakes: January, April, July and October