While studying at the PGA International Golf Institute, students receive golf training from leading PGA Teaching Professionals. Our Golf Teaching Professionals are all Certified Members of PGA of Australia. Our coaches bring together an abundance of experience – coaching professional tour players, elite amateurs, state teams and PGA IGI students for a number of years. Your golf swing is assessed via video analysis; your golf program focuses on all areas of improvement for your golf game.
The practical golf element of your study in the Diploma of Golf Management, encompasses multiple skill areas for game improvement:
- 2 x 2-hour weekly group coaching sessions (per term)
- 2 x 30-minute private golf coaching sessions (per term)
- Weekly IGI Golf Competition (every Monday)
- Driving Range Access
- Physical Screening and Fitness Testing
- Golf Course Access Membership at premium golf courses. Program fees are all inclusive of all golf training aspects, as outlined in our Prospectus.
- PGA IGI applies the latest golf technology, tracking data for your golf game using Trackman Pro and Flightscope. Used by PGA professionals around the world, Trackman Pro and Flightscope offer the most accurate data for the elite golfer. You will sit Combined Skills Tests each semester, analysing your data results to improve your golf game.
The PGA IGI delivers Australia’s only Diploma in Golf Management. The qualification focuses on the business of golf management and is increasingly recognised by industry as the best golf education. We liaise with golfing industry experts to ensure that our curriculum and training provides the skills and learning outcomes that make our graduates employable and become critical assets to the golfing industry.
The curriculum focuses on education in all areas of professional golf management. The Diploma covers the components of business and management required by the modern golfing industry, with students subject areas covering:
- Introduction to the Golf Industry
- Golf Operations
- Golf Course Planning & Development
- Golf Club Management
- Golf Course Design & Maintenance
- Event & Catering Management
Students who study at the PGA IGI can combine golf with a Bachelor Degree with our partner Higher Education providers in Sydney and the Gold Coast. The PGA IGI has articulation agreements set up with International College of Management, Sydney (ICMS) and Griffith University on the Gold Coast. These articulation agreements provide students with a one-year equivalent credit in selected Bachelor Degrees, while continuing to undertake golf skills subjects with the PGA IGI.
The PGA IGI Diploma of Golf Management qualification also receives a credit towards the PGA Trainee Program . Students receive RPL for their study with the PGA IGI when entering the PGA Trainee Program, pending they have met all entry requirements. Upon successful completion of the PGA Trainee Program, a student will become a full vocational member of the PGA of Australia and a qualified PGA Professional.
The PGA IGI facilitates a number of learning pathways to a career in golf, both on and off the golf course. The Diploma of Golf Management is a qualification that is the beginning of a successful career in the golfing industry.
This industry recognised qualification allows students to begin their career in golf management. The Diploma in Golf Management allows those with the qualification to work their way into management roles within golf clubs, golf organisations and associations throughout Australia and around the world. Job positions held by graduates can include:
- General Manager
- Club Manager
- Director of Golf
- Golf Operations Manager
- Event Manager
- Tournament Coordinator
- Sales and Account Manager
Graduates can also continue their careers in the Professional Golf ranks if they meet required criteria in these fields. The program offers pathway opportunities into the PGA of Australia and the PGA Trainee Program towards PGA Golf Professional careers such as Golf Coach, Tour Player, Director of Golf, General Manager.